Sabrina Nangala Robertson - SOLD
Skin Name: Nangala
Group: NT Warlpiri
Sabrina Nangala Robertson was born in Alice Springs, a remote Aboriginal community 290 north-west of Alice Springs. She is the daughter of the acclaimed Aboriginal artist Dorothy Napangadi.
She paints her father’s Jukurrpa or Dreaming, stories passed down to her by her father and her father’s father before her for millennia. These stories relate to her traditional land, Pirlinyarnu (Mt Farewell), its features and the plants and animals that inhabit it. Sabrina has exhibited in Australia and in France.
Mina Mina (Mina Mina) Ngapa (Water)
· Desert Colours, Hogarth Gallery, Sydney
· Star Dreaming, Japingka Gallery, Fremantle, WA
· Colours of Yuendumu, Marianne Newman Gallery, NSW
· Exposition d'art aborigène, Galerie Princesse de Kiev, France
· 2013 Gestuelles – The Art of Transmission by Aboriginal Desert Women, IDAIA – International Development for Australian Indigenous Art, Alliances Francaises in Australia.
Title: Mina Mina Jukurrpa, 2013
Acrylic on linen
Size: 30x72 in
Price available upon request